Kinds of Watches
There are many different kinds of watches, for both men and women. Kinds of watches include fashion watches, designer watches, sports watches, navy watches, dive watches, hip hop watches, gadget watches, and novelty watches. To name just a few, that is. Our guide pages will help you sort out all the different kinds of watches.
We would caution, though, that each watch brand is really its own kind of watch, in spite of appearances. Collectors all over the world will swear that their favorite brand of watch is absolutely unique in the world of watches.
Different Ways of Differing Watches
- Gender. Watches are still very often segregated into mens and womens, but there are also unisex watches and watches that are simply not gender specific.
- Price. Some people are looking for discount watches. Others are looking for mid-range watches. You can also buy wholesale watches. In terms of luxury watches, there are the expensive brands and then there are the really expensive brands.
- Integrity. There are brand name watches and there are replica watches.
- Age. Vintage watches are collected by people around the world.
- Style is the most common distinction. Read on.
Styles of watches
Some of the basic kinds of watches that people look for:
- Jewelry watches, including diamond and gold watches
- Designer watches, including clothing and accessory watches.
- Sports watches, including the ever popular navy and dive watches
- Gadget watches, gizmos and Smart Watches.
- Other kinds of watches like high tech watches, hip hop watches (like IceLink and Jacob) and novelty watches.
- On one hand, pocket watches are antiques, but on the other, they are still being made.
There are also watches that are made by some very exclusive designers such as Christiaan vander Klauw and Martin Braun.